What is Forskolin Slim Xtra?
Forskolin Slim Xtra is an active compound found in the roots of the Indian coleus (Coleus
For centuries, this plant has been used in traditional herbal medicine to treat various conditions and diseases.
Modern scientific research has now shown that some of these health benefits may be true, or at least plausible.
How Does Forskolin Slim Xtra Help With Weight Loss?
Many studies have investigated the effects of forskolin on fat metabolism.
Most of them are test-tube experiments or animal studies, so the result may not be applicable to humans.
Put simply, forskolin stimulates the release of stored fat from fat cells. The same thing happens whenever the body needs to use body fat for energy.
On its own, the release of stored fat is not enough to promote weight loss – it needs to be accompanied by a calorie deficit.
In other words, for weight loss to happen, energy expenditure (calories out) must exceed energy intake (calories in).
Weight loss supplements can support a calorie deficit by:
- Suppressing appetite.
- Reducing efficiency of digestion.
- Increasing metabolic rate (fat burning).
As far as we know, forskolin does not cause any of these things to happen.
However, clinical trials in humans have provided some promising results. It appears that forskolin may promote fat loss while preserving muscle mass.
Forskolin Slim Xtra Ingredients
Forskolin is a plant that is native to the Indonesia area. It is a part of the mint family and has been used in traditional medicine for ages. However, it has only emerged on the weight loss scene in recent years.
The extract used in Forskolin Slim Xtra comes from the leaves of the plant, and it’s what’s been linked to those weight loss benefits. Some studies have been conducted around Forskolin Extract and its potential as a weight loss ingredient.
Here are a few for you to look through. Keep in mind, these studies are on Forskolin Extract alone and have no affiliation with Forskolin Slim Xtra.
- One of the first human studies on Forskolin Extract was conducted in 2005. 30 overweight men were split into two groups. One group was given a Forskolin Extract supplementation orally twice a day, and the other group was given a placebo. After 12 weeks, the Forskolin group showed more weight loss than the placebo group.
- Another study (similar to the one above) was conducted later on in 2005. This time, 23 mildly overweight women were observed. The same set-up occurred with a Forskolin group and a placebo group. The same dosage was administered as well. After 12 weeks, the same conclusion was made. The Forskolin group lost more weight than the placebo group.
- A rat study was conducted in 2014. 50 female rats were split into numerous groups. Each group had a different variation of diet and Forskolin Extract supplementation. The 10-week study showed that the group with the best weight loss outcome was the group that combined a healthy diet with Forskolin supplementation.
While these three studies listed above show positive links to Forskolin Extract and weight loss, they are some of the only studies out there. More research needs to happen in order to fully substantiate the results of these studies. And remember, these studies are with Forskolin alone.
If Forskolin Extract is mixed with other ingredients, like it is in Forskolin Slim Xtra, or combined with fillers and binders, results could alter.
Benefits of Forskolin Slim Xtra
- Speeds up metabolism
- Provides strength to the body which helps in the healthy overall functioning of the body
- Keeps the body energetic all day
- Suppresses food cravings and appetite
- Shows results within weeks
- Slows down the fat production at a very quick pace
- It fastens the thermogenesis process which helps the fast melting of food inside the body
- Gives power to the body
- Suitable for both men and women